Do you spend time creating content on social media networks that you actually enjoy, or are you simply checking a box? Creating content for your firm should bring you value and joy and allow you to push boundaries based on what your audience wants to hear.
In this episode of Bridging the Gap, Matt Reiner sits down with social media genius Phil Pallen, Founder & Brand Strategist of Phil Pallen Collective. Phil shares his insights on navigating social media, the online marketing landscape, and building a solid online brand. In addition, he stresses the importance of understanding industry rules and regulations for financial services firms, prioritizing social media platforms that align with your goals, and repurposing content to reach a wider audience.
Later in the episode, Matt and Phil discuss omnichannel content creation and the importance of being authentic in content strategy. Lastly, Phil shares his thoughts on entrepreneurship and positioning yourself to win in the industry. Tune in to this episode for valuable insights on building a strong digital presence.
Timestamps From This Episode:
- [00:00:00] Phil opens with a quote on how to choose which social media network.
- [00:03:48] Matt asks Phil questions about his background and how he started his firm.
- [00:08:16] Phil addresses more about his career path and working with clients to build an online brand.
- [00:15:58] Phil outlines three critical steps to building an online brand.
- [00:20:47] Phil discusses how to create multiple content pieces from one conversation is efficient, funnel strategies, and creating social media goals.
- [00:26:17] Phil talks about the book “Building a Second Brain” by Tiago Forte, which helps with organizing ideas.
- [00:32:59] Phil covers the benefits of focusing on the social platform you enjoy and where you can create content sustainably, not necessarily where the audience is.
- [00:41:22] Phil and Matt talk to Daniella, who is great at building community.
- [00:44:41] Building a brand through social media requires interaction with clients, vendors, and COIs, and showing care for them.
- [00:50:18] Phil talks about his Brand Therapy podcast and where to get more information.
Quotable Moments From This Podcast:
- Building a Consistent Brand: “When it comes to branding, I accept your challenge of thinking that it’s hard. I don’t think it’s hard if you have the steps. The goal here is to achieve consistency between the in person experience and the online version of ourselves.”
— Phil Pallen [00:11:56 → 00:14:40]
- Content Creation: “Your brain is not for storing ideas. Your brain is for generating them.”
— Phil Pallen [00:23:18 → 00:26:16]
- Content Creation: “The thing that you should always root back to is what is it your audience wants from you?”
— Phil Pallen [00:28:04 → 00:29:34]
- Social Media Strategy: “So the social platform that you should focus on at least to start is the one that you open on your phone when you’re in line at the grocery store.”
— Phil Pallen [00:32:59 → 00:35:12]
About Phil Pallen:
Phil Pallen is a personal branding expert and keynote speaker. His non-conventional approach to digital marketing and talent for social media has built him a global audience.
As a brand strategist, Phil has advised hundreds of brands from over 30 countries, including a Shark on Shark Tank, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, politicians, and some of the most important names in entertainment. A digital nomad and globetrotter, Phil has delivered speeches on five different continents and frequently appears as an expert contributor in media outlets around the world, including CNN, Access Hollywood, and The Daily Mail.
Follow Us And Find More Content For Financial Advisors and Wealth Management Firms At: