Today on Bridging the Gap Susanne Chishti joins us from London. Susanne is the CEO of The Fintech Circle, author and co-author of 8 books, a keynote speaker, a former Morgan Stanley Asset Management employee, and successful and award-winning woman in the fintech industry.
In this episode, Susanne sheds light on the challenges financial advisors face, shares the knowledge of the mindset behind her books, and the key lessons and takeaways for consumers. Matt and Susanne also discuss how AI technology can be utilized within our industry, and how it can augment, but not replace, the advice provided by financial advisors.
Susanne also dives into how she helps tech startups scale up and sell more to financial institutions, where she sees technology evolving in the future, and how women in the industry are making an impact within financial services and fintech.
Susanne Chishti Bio:
Susanne Chishti is the CEO of FINTECH Circle, Europe’s 1st Investor Network focused on fintech investments and a leading fintech innovation, learning and communications platform. She is also the Co-Editor of the Bestseller “The FINTECH Book” which has been translated into 10 languages and is sold across 107 countries, The WealthTECH Book, The InsurTECH Book, The PAYTECH Book, The AI Book and The LEGALTECH Book (published by WILEY in 2020). She is also a board member of a FTSE 250 company CMC Markets PLC, a UK bank Crown Agents Bank and the fintech company scaleup Lenderwize.
- Top 32 Fintech Leaders in the UK (Business Leaders, Sept 2020)
- Top 24th Fintech Influencer in the World (Onalytica, 2020) – among the Top 100 Fintech Influencers globally
- Winner of the Fintech Champion of the Year Award 2019 (Women in Finance Awards)
- Social Media Influencer of the Year 2018 (Investment Week)
- Top 7 Crypto Experts globally 2018 (Inc Magazine)
- City Innovator – Inspirational Woman in 2016
- European Digital Financial Services ‘Power 50’, an independent ranking of the most influential people in digital financial services in Europe (2015)
- Top 5 ESG Influencers Globally (Refinitiv, 2020) and top 100 Fintech Influencers globally (Refinitiv, Sept 2020)
Susanne has also been a fintech TV Commentator on CNBC and a guest lecturer on financial technology at the University of Cambridge and Warwick Business School.
After completing her MBA she started her career working for a fintech company (before the term “fintech” was being invented) in the Silicon Valley 25 years ago. She then worked more than 15 years’ across Deutsche Bank, Lloyds Banking Group, Morgan Stanley and Accenture in London and Hong Kong. Susanne can be followed on twitter, instagram and LinkedIn under @SusanneChishti.
If you need anything else, pls let me know. In terms of tech for the podcast, which systems would you like to use? Thanks,
CEO | FINTECH Circle & Co-Editor The FINTECH Book Series
Investor & Board Member
Fintech for Good – Fintech Circle
Follow Us And Find More Content For Financial Advisors and Wealth Management Firms At:
Subscribe, rate, and review Bridging The Gap here.
About the Show
Bridging the Gap is a financial podcast hosted by CEO Matt Reiner focused on bringing together leaders from the finance and the technology industries to focus on innovating the financial services industry.